Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pizza With a Twist

Hi bloggers! It has been awhile since I have posted a meal and I apologize, life has been crazy.
The July issue of Southern Living Magazine featured a section called "Summer's Glorious Trinity" which consisted of fresh veggies, corn being one of them. I found this twist on pizza and just had to try it and it was DELICIOUS and super quick and easy. Let me know what you think.


Tomato-and-Corn Pizza

3 small plum tomatoes, sliced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 (14 oz.) package prebaked Italian pizza crust (Boboli original crust works too)
1/3 cup refrigerated pesto
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (1 medium-size ear of fresh corn yields about 1/2 cup kernels)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. sugar
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
3 Tbsp. fresh whole or torn basil leaves

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place tomatoes on paper towels. Sprinkle with s&p. Let stand 20 minutes.

Place pizza crust on a stone, spread with pesto. Stir together corn, Parmesan, and sugar. Top pizza with corn mixture, tomatoes, and mozzarella slices.

Bake for 450 for 14 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven, and top with basil leaves. I also added grilled chicken.


1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I finally got a moment to visit your blog so I wanted to say hello! I love this pizza recipe...gotta try that one! Hope all is well on your end - I know I have said it once, but I'll say it again - Let's all get together SOON! Miss seeing ya!
    Janie:)

    ReplyDelete