Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies



FINALLY, I am posting the fabulous Peanut Butter Cookies I have been talking about. I can't remember where I found this recipe, maybe a Southern Living Magazine, I am just not sure, but Matt and I fell in love. I made these cookies for a friend and it worked out perfectly b/c he is allergic two wheat; therefore everything has to be "gluten free".... Boy was I relieved because this was the perfect recipe.. phew. Every Friday night or Saturday morning each week I make these to eat for the week, it has become a tradition and staple in our home and can assure you it will be one in your home as well once you sink your teeth into these cookies which are full of rich Peanut Butter flavor. Make them tomorrow night, it FRIDAY!!


Ingredients:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp.baking soda
1/4 c chopped peanuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
* I use crunchy peanut butter and then do not add peanuts.

Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in peanuts and vanilla.

Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart


Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
MMMMM, YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment